Speak poorly and word will spread: Speak well and word will spread.
- WOW Presentations Series
- Presentation Mentoring
- Patricia’s Living Room Labs (for those who live in Calgary and area)
“We now deliver a clear, simpler message. We both appreciated your time, feedback and focus on helping us improve our delivery and content.”
Duncan Robertson, Managing Partner, Turnstone Strategy
“Thank you for taking the mystery out of speaking in public.”
Theresa Juuti, Family Liaison Program, Whitecourt
“Absolutely the best coach for speakers and trainers starting out.” Stu Schultz, Sales Trainer
1. WOW Presentations Series
Correct preparation provides a plan, calms nerves and supports an engaging and memorable delivery.
( Designed for conference breakouts/concurrents, PD development workshops or Lunch and Learn programs)
- Public Speaking 101: The Basics of Public Speaking
- Feel the Fear and Speak Anyway: Present well . . . even if a beginner
- They Snooze-You Looze: Engage and keep an audience’s attention
- Your Powerful Story: How to find, craft and tell it
- Your Humorous Self: Building on your own personal style
- Death by PowerPoint Prevention: Effective slides and learning guides
- How to Develop and Deliver an Interactive Workshop or Training
“Patricia is well known for leading dynamic workshops. She is also known for empowering emerging speakers to craft effective keynotes, workshops or training. Don’t miss out on this rare Lethbridge opportunity!”
Freddi Dogterom, Keynote Speaker, Workshop Facilitator and Corporate Trainer
2. Presentation Mentoring
Be empowered by one-on-one focus
Patricia builds on your strengths and provides specific guidance in areas which you desire improvement. Expect customized and personalized attention to your needs.
- Holds clients responsible for clearly articulating their presentation goals. However, the mentor will suggest goals in alignment with presentation best practices.
- Succeeds when clients embrace their strengths, make changes and experiment with suggestions.
- Acknowledges that progress and change happen at unique and individual rates.
- Has a flexible time-frame.
- May occur in person, by phone, skype or at an event where Patricia attends in an observing capacity.
Mentoring services may include:
- Correspondence between sessions for review, clarification or suggestions.
- Structuring presentations for clarity, meaning, and stickiness.
- Presentation development, sound bites and humor.
- Memorable and powerful story and word crafting.
- Minimizing distractions.
- Audience engagement.
- Effective Q & A facilitation.
- Presentation delivery observation and suggestions for maximum impact.
- Review and feedback on existing presentation scripts and video.
Note: video can be posted on-line for a phone call review.
- Emotional and psychological aspects of public or professional speaking.
- Non Death-By-PowerPoint visuals.
- Elements of an effective keynote and/or workshop or training.
- Development of support documents such as learning guides, feedback forms, and introduction.
- Business aspects of professional speaking; One Sheet and Website development, blogging and social media.
- Writing a non-fiction book.
Others as agreed upon. Have a discussion with Patricia about your goals.
3. Patricia’s Living Room Labs
If you live in Calgary and area you may want to attend these hands-on and 2+ hours workshops, offered most months. The focus includes one or two of the above topics. Topic requests are gladly received. Contact Patricia (403-242-7796) to discuss bringing any of these options to your group, organization or community in Calgary or elsewhere.
After taking your Living Room Lab my participants were definitely awake and engaged.
Karri-Lynn Paul, Personal Success Coach, Indigenous Consulting
“Patricia has an invaluable wealth of experience and applicable advice. I leave energized and focused.”
Adelle Ramcharan, YouTube Personality
Fee for Patricia’s Living Room Labs is $20 ($10 is donated to the FASD Foundation)
To Receive Announcements: please email Patricia with “I want to receive electronic communication, including Living Room Lab announcements, from Patricia Morgan.”
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
is the Past President of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) Calgary. She is the creator and mentor of the Fast Track program for emerging professional speakers which is used across Canada. Due to that program, she has mentored over 170 emerging professional speakers.
Patricia is a recipient of The Spirit of CAPS national award for her contribution to the Canadian speaking industry.
For more than 25 years Patricia has developed and delivered keynote presentations and workshops focused on building personal resilience at work and home. For 15 years Patricia was a Toastmaster and for five years was an Impact Speaker and Speaker Trainer for United Way of Calgary and Area.
Contact Patricia to discuss how you might WOW your next audience at 403-242-7796 or patricia@SolutionsForResilience.com